LOW LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY
PAINTING WITH LIGHT
Intermediate Level – 3 Hours – 7 people max – All cameras and brands accepted.
Time : 5.30-8.30pm (Wrap up warm)
This workshop is intended for people who wish to practice night photography: an enchanting genre with a certain poetry. This workshop will also allow you to experience the limits of the camera when light is scarce. As this is an evening course make sure to wrap up warm.
To begin with, fundamental technical notions will be recalled specifically for low-light conditions (control of exposure time, “noise” in digital photography, white balance, etc.)
Then comes the time for practice and creation (the major part of the course); you will discover the city and deal with a variety of subjects: monuments, architecture, urban landscapes, statues, road traffic, candles and light painting (the art of drawing with light).
Night photography offers incredible creative possibilities, all you have to do is discover them!
What you will learn:
- Understanding what exposure means and how to use and change the variables to control exposure
- Long exposure photography and when to use it
- how to shoot low light portraits using available light
- Creating dynamic images using shutter speeds
- Create star lights in images
- How to use a tripod effectively (you will ideally need a tripod)
At the end of the workshop, we will off a complete debriefing so you can share your images from the session. This collective review by the photography teacher will ensure that everyone has a good understanding of the workshop, as well as the chance to be inspired by other students’ work.
- Ideally you will have an understanding on how to use the shutter and expose correctly.
- A summary of the notions covered in this course will be handed out at the end of each session. A “meeting form” with the exact meeting point will be sent to enrolled participants a few days before class.
- Number of hours for this course – 4 hours.
- The workshop is composed of a theoretical part, practical training and a debriefing.
- Wrap up warm as it may be a cold evening. Gloves, scarves and warm jackets/coats are advised.
18th March 2023
16th September 2023
Low Light Photography Course
Time : 5.30pm – 8.30pm
Saturday 18th March 2023
Saturday 16th September 2023